Please note that the current Admiral of the Punts will be announced for the 2019-2020 year in October.
Ahoy GP community!
It is with palpable panache that we present to you the prospect of hiring our new Pembroke Punt. As a GP, we now have a Scudamore’s punt pass that permits us to take out a boat from Scudamores for free once each day. This can be either a 6-person punt, a 4-person kayak, and the 1 and 2 person kayaks (on quieter days they said they would allow two 1-person kayaks as well if you don’t want to share). You are able to go both towards Grantchester and also along the backs with the boats.
The key things
- We can only take out a boat once per day, so there will be a booking system (see below) for reserving the punts. You can have the boat for as short or as long as you want. But remember, once you return it, that’s it for the day.
- They must be returned by 21:00, or whenever Scudamores closes for that day.
- You will possibly need to present some ID
- You will also need to sign up to Scudamore’s terms and conditions on the day, and have an imprint taken of a bank card (this is to act as a deposit for the boat in case you break it-please don’t break the boat)
- You need to go to the Scudamores by the Mill pub, or the one on the other side of the lock by the Hilton.
The full terms and conditions for our pass can be found here, and we would advise you to read them: https://www.scudamores.
- Go to the online portal website: https://www.scudamore
- Type in your Cambridge/Pembroke email address. I!!!MPORTANT!!!!: you will need to put (CRSID)@pem.cam.ac.uk, NOT just @cam.ac.uk. It is all verified on putting on the Pembroke association (so that other colleges cant steal our punt). I have a feeling this will be the main source of confusion and people getting in touch with me, and if you do I will just tell you to look back at this email and how blatant I made it and you will feel like a right lemon.
- Choose Pembroke College GP from the drop down list that appears
- You will receive an email with a temporary password. Input that password into the portal. Make sure you copy the whole password and don’t add any spaces or extra characters.
- Choose the date that you want to take the punt to see if it is available that day. If it is, choose the day, put in your name, your email address, and your CRSID and click ‘request.’ You should then be sent an email confirmation.
- On the day, go down to Scudamores by the Mill pub and show them the email, and hopefully it will be on their system
- Shimmy on down the river
- If you need to cancel, let the current Admiral know and they will cancel it for you so others have the chance to book it. If you don’t want it anymore and don’t cancel, know that you are a horrible person and denying other Pem grads valuable boat time. Shame on you.
- All the original T’s and C’s apply (see here: https://www.scudamores.c
- Booking will be limited to one month before you take the boat out.
- The booking is exactly the same for kayaks and canoes to Grantchester. Definitely take them out, they are great fun! Also it doesnt take you a week to get to Grantchester like it does in a punt.